Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Things I Learned at #LCI2012: Day 1




I just finished my first day of the Large Church Initiative conference at First United Methodist Church Richardson, Tx. Over 500 pastors, staff and lay people from large Methodist churches across the nation have come together to worship, listen and learn about how we can be more effective in ministry, and how we can do better in our mission to make disciples, for the transformation of the world.


Day 1 started out with our trip to get here. Once we arrived and got checked in we had a great dinner from the volunteers at FUMC Richardson.

We then went to the sanctuary for a concert featuring Eric Michael, Josh Wilson and Jars of Clay. Though I am a big Jars of Clay fan I have to say my favorite part of the night was Josh Wilson playing an instrumental version of "Amazing Grace."



This is not the performance from this concert.. but here's a youtube of him doing that song.




And of course Jars of Clay was good. They did a more acoustic set with two acoustic guitars, keyboard, cello and light drum set. It was nice that they played some of my favorites from their earlier CDs along with some of the more recent songs.

Tomorrow we will hear from some great speakers and head to some breakout workshops.

If you want to follow what's going on here at LCI then check out the hashtag #lci2012 on twitter.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for blogging. I am not at the conference, but I am watching on Twitter. Your blog allows me to learn along with you. I love the way social media extends the ministry of the church.

    ReplyDelete